Top Hot Topics Discussed at the Internal Communications Measurement Masterclass
The Advanced Learning Institute closed out our leading internal communications training with a masterclass on how to effectively measure the success of internal communications. The industry-leading expert on the topic, Angela Sinickas, of Sinickas Communications, led the training and started things off with some thought-provoking questions to get the group thinking about the best ways to measure effectiveness in various situations.
The top topics discussed include:
- Communicating knowledge is not enough. You need to address attitudes to change behavior. To reach your audiences, you need to communicate so they Know, Feel & Do.
- Focus groups vs. surveys: Often, you need both to ensure different perspectives are included from the front line to a desk-based employee
- Build your business case for measurement tools with data. Numbers speak to management. Calculate annual savings based on an average salary of saving 15 minutes a week trying to find information on the company intranet, for example.
- Writing for mobile – information should be in the headline/short blurb. Clicks matter less now.
- Move to business metrics. You’re doing internal communications to drive a business action. Highlight those actions to drive further business results.
- BONUS: A great reminder from Roger D’Aprix’s employee hierarchy of needs – employees need basic needs addressed first, before they can take care of the organization’s needs:
A. What is my job?
B. How am I doing?
C. Does anybody care?
D. Where is my organization heading?
E. How is it doing?
F. How can I help?
Comments are closed.