Advanced Learning Institute (ALI)
Respects Your Privacy
The type of information and ways we collect and use the information you provide while on our website and during certain other interactions are listed below.
We provide a contact list of attendee names and company email addresses to all attendees of the conference they attend after the event is held. This is only for the purpose of connecting with people you met, not for marketing or sales purposes. When you attend a conference, you may choose not to share your email address with the other attendees.
Collection Of Your Information For Event Registration or Product Orders Or Research
If you register for an event or order an Advanced Learning Institute product from us, we will request additional information on our registration/order form. This includes contact information (such as name, job title, organization, address, phone, email, or credit card information.) This information is used for billing and confirmation purposes, to fulfill your order, or complete your event registration. This contact information is also used to get in touch with you to confirm your order or ask any questions. In addition, if you register for an event, we may request additional information about your travel schedule or your hotel accommodations. This information will only be used for the specific event you are attending.
ALI collects certain information from an individual when the individual:
- Registers for use of the website or uses the site
- Subscribes to receive e-mails from ALI
- Registers for use of the ALI online communities or posts information on a shared area of the site
- Purchases certain products or services from us
- Registers for one of our events or webinars
- Wishes to obtain more information about our products and services, participates in research interviews or surveys.
ALI also collects certain information from public sources such as social media sites (for example, LinkedIn) and commercially available marketing lists.
How ALI Uses Your Information
To fulfill our obligations. ALI uses personal contact information you share with us to fulfill contractual obligations that may include providing products or services that you or your employer purchased, answer your contract administration related inquiries or communicate with you about your transactions with us, and send you information about features on the Site, or changes to our policies or events for which you registered.
To perform research. ALI often receives information from third parties willing to participate in its research. We use any contact information provided in such instances to schedule interviews or conduct surveys about upcoming events or products.
To improve the website and measure effectiveness. ALI regularly analyzes data pertaining to visitor trends, plan site enhancements, measure overall site effectiveness and the effectiveness of e-mail campaigns.
To market our products and services. ALI may use business contact information obtained directly from you or from third-party sources to send marketing emails and other communications to promote our products and services. From time to time, we may send you notices about related conferences or events that might be of interest.
- Pre-Event Lists. Sponsors of an ALI event is provided a “Pre-Event List.” for planning purposes. The list contains job level and company name of individuals that have registered for the event to provide general attendee demographic data.
Event Sponsor Lists.
- Live Events: When attending an event sponsored by a third party you agree to the transfer of your contact information (first name, last name, title, company, email, work phone, work address, work state, work zip code) by ALI to the sponsor for the sponsor’s marketing purposes.
- Virtual Events: When attending a virtual session sponsored by a third party you agree to the transfer of your contact information (first name, last name, title, company, email, work phone, work address, work state, work zip code) by ALI to the sponsor for the sponsor’s marketing purposes.
- You may request your information not to be shared by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to an event. (Also see “Correcting, Updating or Removing your Personal Information’ below)
Credit Card Processing
Credit card details are not stored on Advanced Learning Institute servers. We use a credit card processing company to bill customers for goods and services. This company does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) over time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
What types of cookies does ALI use?
- Necessary: cookies required for access to the Site and core functionality.
- Behavior and analytics: cookies used to gather behavioral information through the Site; provide customized content and recommendations; and analytics.
- Marketing: cookies that are used to deliver relevant advertising.
Aggregated (non-personally identifiable) user behavior collected through cookies or web beacons may be shared with our other third-party service providers to either analyze or execute marketing programs.
What can you do about cookies?
You may choose to control and/or delete all cookies from your hard drive. If you delete a cookie, however, please be advised that some features of our Site may not be accessible to you. Another option available to you is to change the preferences or settings in your web browser to control cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from a primary Site, block them from third parties, or clear out all cookies.
ALI takes precautions to protect our customer information. Access to our customer information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access (with unique log in’s) to personally identifiable information.
Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. Advanced Learning Institute is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites.
Correcting, Updating, Or Removing Your Personal Information
If your contact information (such as email or mailing address) changes, please contact us and we will make any updates.
If you do not want to receive email from us in the future, please click the link at the bottom of the email you received to unsubscribe or reply to an email with the subject “remove” or click here to contact us.
You can choose to control and/or delete cookies from your hard drive. See the Cookie section above for more details.
You can choose to not let anyone scan a bar code at a live ALI event unless you want that sponsor to have your contact information.
When attending a sponsored session at a live event you can inform an ALI representative that you do not want your information shared with the event sponsor.
When visiting virtual sponsor booths or virtual sponsored events you can choose to inform ALI that you do not want your contact information transferred to the sponsor by contacting email@example.com prior to the end of the Event.
Business Partners and Other Third Parties: Based on the services you requested or the choices you made when you provided your personal information to us, we may engage in activities that include sharing your personal information with unaffiliated third parties such as business partners who provide products and services that we think you may be interested in.
Additional Information for California Residents
California law requires that we provide you with the following additional notice:
- ALI does not “sell” personal information as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act. We do share certain information with selected event sponsors and service providers as set forth above.
- You have the right to know what personal information ALI collects, uses, and discloses about you, the sources from whom ALI collects such personal information and the third parties with whom we share such information.
- You have the right to request that ALI delete certain personal information we maintain about you.
- You have the right not to be discriminated against as a result of exercising your rights to know and/or delete your personal information.
- You have the right to receive information about financial incentives we may offer that are related to collection of your personal information.
- You can designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf. ALI will require proof of your identity and the agent’s authority to submit a request on your behalf.
Notification of Changes
ALI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such changes and/or modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please review the terms and conditions periodically.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Last updated June 25, 2021