April 20, 2023 - |
Follow & Tweet #ALIComms
Align Internal & External Communications to Discover Fresh Engaging Content, Build Employee Trust, and Increase Engagement
At This 2-Day Virtual Conference, You Will Have The Opportunity To Catch Up With Your Peers, Learn About The Challenges They’re Facing—And The Tactics They’re Using To Overcome Them
Abby (Peck) Carroll
Director, Strategic Communications
Manager, Corporate Communications
Director, Internal Communications
Sr Director, Communications & Community
Over the past three years, corporate communications professionals have elevated the practice of agile, timely, and strategic storytelling. Communications is no longer a function that is designed to respond reactively, but one that is positioned to lead and shape conversations. It is also an arena where mistakes can happen — sometimes very publicly. There are valuable opportunities to learn from these mistakes as much as our successes.
At this year’s conference, we will examine what we’ve learned and answer the questions that are top of mind, including:
- What will shape our strategies as we go forward?
- What do we need from our leaders to get the job done?
- How will the practice continue to evolve?
About This Corporate Communications Event
It’s been a constant struggle–should internal and external communications remain separate? When the underlying goal is to deliver one cohesive message the answer is simple: your communication strategies should align.
Join fellow communicators to hear from leaders of some of the world’s most relevant brands as we explore what comes next for the practice.
Key Topics Include:
- Practice what you preach – demonstrate and behave according to the company’s set core values, not just in view of the public, but also behind closed doors
- Harness the power of social media
- Get employees to genuinely buy into your brand values and be ready and willing to deliver on them
- Maximize productivity and streamline processes
- Overcome the power struggle when it comes to integration
- Establish common goals
- Collaborate on message creation to ensure a consistent experience for both customer and employee
Who Should Attend
This conference is designed especially for senior-level professionals and their teams responsible for shaping and executing on their organization’s communications strategy for both external and internal audiences:
- Employee communications
- Internal communications
- Media relations
- Corporate communications
- Employee engagement
- Global communications
- Public relations
- Public affairs
- Human resources
- Branding and/or employer branding
- Social media
- Change management
- Corporate intranets
- Digital communications
- Corporate affairs
Benefits of Attending This ALI Virtual Conference
- Access to practical presentation with real examples and proven strategies from your peers at a variety of leading organizations
- Networking list for attendees to continue the conversation after the Virtual Conference
- Interactive, hands-on breakout sessions allowing you to work with your internal communications peers
- Certificate of attendance for CEUs
- Opportunity to meet with peers face-to-face while remaining safe
- Guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction that you can use immediately
- Opportunity to have your most pressing questions on the topic answered in real-time
This isn’t a passive experience! You will be encouraged to engage throughout the entire event through small group breakouts, networking breaks & more!
Leave with a thorough understanding of the latest best practices in Communications and how they apply—or can be applied—in your work context.
What People are Saying
Day 2 - 04/20/2023
|11:00 am - 11:05 am|
Welcome & Aha Moments From Day 1
|11:05 am - 11:35 am|
Benefits of a One-Page Strategic Communications Framework
Kami Spangenberg, Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications- Scientific Stature Services & Community Affairs | RTI International
Strategic plans can fill up notebooks—notebooks which often sit on a shelf never to be referenced again. This session will illuminate the power of a one-page strategic communications framework and how it can serve to guide your efforts by aligning your function to your organization’s strategy. Using a practical case study example, this session will unpack the key elements of a strategic communications framework and share tips for how to create one for your function
|11:35 am - 12:05 pm|
From a Millennial, With Love: We Don’t Need A Ping Pong Table In The Office
Landis Tindell, Manager, Corporate Communications | Oklahoma City Thunder
Millennials currently make up more than one third of the workforce. Add in Gen Z workers and more than half of employees were born after 1980. While some older xennials have taken on the habits of their older counterparts, young millennials and Gen Z employees have a different set of expectations for the workplace.
As the PRSA New Professionals section immediate past chair, a PRSSA Hall of Fame member, and a PRNEWS 30 Under 30 inductee, Landis Tindell was once called “the James Bond of PR.”
While he doesn't go out to fight Spectre, Landis is a millennial leader in a Gen X/Boomer led industry. Join this session to hear from an up-and-coming leader to discover what Millennial and Gen Z workers want in the workplace, how older employees can best connect with their younger counterparts, how to develop an organizational culture that is ready for the future and learn why young employees get so upset when we’re asked to rotate a PDF for the CFO.
|12:05 pm - 12:30 pm|
How Communicators & AI Can Work In Harmony: ChatGBT For Communicators
Tony Roth, Communications Manger | City of Coolidge Arizona
Learning how to make your communications more efficient using AI like ChatGBT and others to maximize your ROI.
|12:30 pm - 12:45 pm|
Refresh & Recharge
|12:45 pm - 1:15 pm|
Go Behind the Scenes of Coca-Cola’s Storytelling
Abby (Peck) Carroll, Director- Strategic Communications | The Coca-Cola Company
Details coming soon...
|1:15 pm - 1:45 pm|
Pat Swanson, Former Head of External Owned Media Communications | U.S. Bank
Details coming soon...
|1:45 pm - 2:00 pm|
Wrap-up & Thank You