ALI Masterclass: Storytelling for Internal Communications
Taking an authentic storytelling approach to keep employees informed, engaged, and connected
August 05, 2020 - | 1:00pm - 3:00pm EST
Follow & Tweet #ALIComms
2 Hours X 2 Days Expert-Led Interactive Workshop
Taking a Storytelling Approach to Your Internal Communications
Practical strategies to help you harness the power of shared stories + meaningful experiences to cultivate engagement, growth, and change
Join your internal communication peers in this deep-dive Masterclass as you learn storytelling techniques to help you captivate your audience & communicate ideas with clarity & confidence.
In this 2-day event you will:
- Share your internal communication challenges in an intimate, private setting
- Work through your biggest hurdles
- See real examples of how other organization’s are harnessing the power of storytelling
- Identify the biggest mistakes and pitfalls to avoid
- Gain access to templates, resources, and worksheets to help you amplify your storytelling strategy
I liked the breakout rooms as an icebreaker! Plus great speakers, small event that allowed us to interact on chat.
Impressed with virtual format; particularly the breakout experience.
Great job putting this together! I loved the use of the break-out rooms to network and get to know each other.
Meet Your Instructor
You know that kid who never stopped asking why? That was Kevin. And asking why—finding out why something works and how to make it better—still drives him to this day. His contagious curiosity can be found at the heart of the experiences he designs for the world’s most progressive brands—from Disney and HBO to Heineken and Coca-Cola. It was also a major force behind TVP, the New York City culture boutique he helped build that AdAge placed on its Agency A-List for four years running.
Kevin founded Experience Willow in 2012 with a clear purpose to help others harness the power of their shared stories and experiences to cultivate change. His award-winning firm now partners with blue-chip clients the likes of Cox Enterprises, Cardtronics, FOX International, HBO Cinemax Jackson Healthcare, Manhattan Associates and US National Parks. For a five-year consulting assignment with global tech leader NCR, Kevin was named a 2017 HR Executive Rising Star for helping propel a company reinvention. He led culture and employer branding strategies and participated in thoughtful designs and redesigns of recruitment, onboarding, talent management, leadership development, learning and workplace experiences.
Kevin has been a featured speaker and facilitator for many high-profile events organized by Adweek, AHAA, Billboard Live, International Events Group (IEG), Integrated Marketing Association (PMA), Advanced Learning Institute, The Conference Board, Human Capital Media, IQPC Exchange, Onboarding 2025, Talent Management Alliance and numerous colleges and universities. Also a writer, Kevin’s feature, The Experience Engine, in Talent Economy has been one of Human Capital Media’s most read and shared articles.
Founder + Chief Storyteller
Benefits of Attending This ALI Masterclass
- Access to a tactical presentation with real examples and proven strategies
- Networking list for attendees to continue the conversation after the virtual Masterclass
- Interactive, hands-on breakout sessions allowing you to work with your communication peers
- Certificate of attendance for CEU’s
- Opportunity to meet your peers face-to-face while remaining safe
- Recording of the virtual Masterclass after the event ends
- A fraction of the cost of an ALI in-person workshop with the same high-quality content
- Content from leading consultants delivered straight to your home/office
- Guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction that you can use immediately
- Opportunity to have your most pressing issues on the topic answered in real-time
- This isn’t a passive experience! You will be encouraged to weigh in with poll questions, engage via chat throughout the entire event, and turn your camera on during group breakout sessions.
- Leave with a thorough understanding of the competencies covered and how they apply or can be applied in your work context
Who Should Attend
This Masterclass has been researched and designed for Directors, Managers, Vice Presidents, Specialists, Officers, Leaders and Consultants involved in:
- Internal Communications
- Employee Engagement
- Brand Communication
- Corporate Communications
- Public Affairs
- Strategic Communications
- Organizational Development
- Human Resources
- Training & Development
- Employee Communications
- Change Management
- Intranet Communications
- Digital Communications
- Global Communications
- Strategic Planning
- Public Relations
- Employee Relations
- Field Operations
What People are Saying
“I could not think of a better partner to help us bring our brand story to life.”
“Their ideas and contributions are felt throughout our global company and culture.”
“Led by Kevin Finke, Experience Willow brings an energy and life to work that’s so contagious.”