Get to the Point: How to Identify, Sharpen, and Champion Your Most Important Ideas
Many people—from students to CEOs—give speeches and presentations, but few make meaningful points. Why? Because most communicators don’t know their points. They don’t even know what a point is, often confusing it with a topic, theme, or title. Real points are arguments that explicitly propose avenues leading to valuable impact. Not having a real point renders expressions pointless, and being pointless is by far the biggest cause of rambling, audience disconnection, and communication epic fail.
This session provides actionable tips, insight, and exercises that help professionals identify and effectively convey their key points—both in-person and virtually—whether they’re giving a speech to a hundred conference attendees or a weekly report to a dozen colleagues.
You will learn how to:
- Identify, hone, and effectively “sell” a point
- Avoid destructive presentation habits and replace them with effective tactics
- Use volume, and pauses to enhance points
- Elevate points and presence on Zoom and other virtual meeting platforms
- Start and finish a communication with confidence and impact
Comments are closed.