Deep Dive Workshop – Respect Your Readers: Lose the Jargon and ‘Write Tight’ for Busy People
People today have very limited attention spans. That’s why it’s critical to “write tight” and structure information for the online reader, who may even be reading it on their phones.
In this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Respect your readers, “write tight”—and make every word count
- Write for the Modern Web: Mastering the 5-50-5-50 rule
- Layer your online information so readers can decide how much time they want to spend with your content
- Do feature stories online, when nobody has time to read anymore
- Craft the perfect news headline so even if the readers only skim the headline, they still get the most important news
- Boil down hundreds and hundreds of words into a single, solid summary
- Edit yourself and make sure your copy is as tight as can be
Comments are closed.