Storytelling & Writing For Internal Communications – April 2022
Storytelling builds bonds, forges trust, and creates deeper connections. It’s highly effective tool to unite people with meaning and purpose, especially when your employees are not all physically in an office building.
How can you harness the power of storytelling and compelling writing to connect your employees and organization?
During this virtual event, you’ll hear from internal communications professionals who will show you how to:
- Use storytelling to engage a hybrid workforce by finding compelling stories that unite your organization
- Determine the right channels to share your content with your employees – including through videos and podcasts
- Distinguish between the words you should (and shouldn’t use) to ensure your inclusive language reflects your organizational values
- Draw your audience in from your very first sentence – by finding authentic emotional connections
- Craft a narrative that can capture the core of your values and inspire your employees
- And so much more!
What You Will Learn
Transform your internal communications through the power of storytelling & writing. Captivate your employees through creative communications that inform and engage.
Gain advice from your peers, see strategies that work, and hear solutions to your most pressing challenges, including how to:
- Use the emotional connection that comes through storytelling to build authentic connections within your workforce
- Drive employees to look at and engage with your content
- Remove jargon from your writing to engage all your audiences
- Use stories to leave individuals with something to remember and value
- Incorporate visuals wherever possible to communicate complex information and data
- Master the use of headlines, leads and quotes
- Identify the best channel to use to share your story
- Encourage employees to tell and share their own stories
- Use “six-word stories” to inspire, engage, and motivate your workforce
- Recruit employees to create content and tell their own stories
- Recycle and reuse content across a variety of channels
- and more!
Benefits Of Attending This ALI Virtual Conference
- Access to a tactical presentation with real examples and proven strategies
- Networking list for attendees to continue the conversation after the Virtual Conference
- Interactive, hands-on breakout sessions allowing you to work with your communication peers
- Certificate of attendance for CEU’s
- Opportunity to meet your peers face-to-face while remaining safe
- Recording of the Virtual Conference after the event ends
- A fraction of the cost of an ALI in-person workshop with the same high-quality content
- Content from leading consultants delivered straight to your home/office
- Guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction that you can use immediately
- Opportunity to have your most pressing issues on the topic answered in real-time
This isn’t a passive experience! You will be encouraged to weigh in with poll questions, engage via chat throughout the entire event, and turn your camera on during group breakout sessions.
Leave with a thorough understanding of the competencies covered and how they apply or can be applied in your work context.
Who Should Attend
Directors, managers, vice presidents, specialists, officers, leaders and consultants in:
- Internal Communications
- Employee Engagement
- Brand Communication
- Strategic Communications
- Employee Communications
- Training & Development
- Employee Relations
- Public Relations
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
- Intranet Communications
- Digital Communications
- Global Communications
- Organizational Development
Executive Director Of Communications, Office Of Communication Services | Duke University
Regional Communications Director | American Red Cross
Founder & Chief Experience Officer | Experience Willow
Gabriel Galdamez (He/Him/Él)
Marketing Lead & Senior Strategist | Brilliant Ink
Comments are closed.