Rodney Jordan is an award-winning, innovative communications leader and strategist with over 10 years of experience in global employee and internal communications for Fortune 500 companies as well as experience in Public Relations and Human Resources.
Rodney has experience living and working across the US, UK, and European markets, leading multi-jurisdictional, multi-functional teams.
In his current role as Director, Employee Communications for Coca-Cola Enterprises, Rodney leads a team responsible for developing and embedding employee communications capabilities across Coca-Cola Enterprises’ territories. Under his leadership, the team has:
- Launched, embedded, and sustained an award-winning employee value proposition and associated internal brand to drive employee engagement across all territories.
- Overseen the change, transformation, and M and communications for the company’s integration of the organizations Norwegian and Swedish bottlers, as well as its $12 billion transaction with The Coca-Cola Company
- Developed a robust channel strategy to communicate to HR, managers, leaders, and employees,
- Introduced cost-saving processes to improve how translations are delivered for the organization,
- Applied a user experience framework to build a customer-approved digital experience across the landscape of all employee-facing technologies
Under his leadership, Rodney’s current team has most recently been recognized by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) in several areas, including Best Intranet (in partnership with their Public Affairs team) and Highly Commendable status for Best Change Communications Program, Best Use of Video, Best In-house Team. The team has also garnered numerous awards of excellence and merit at the US, EMEA, and global level through the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) for their work in employee, brand, and multi-audience communication.
Rodney is passionate about the implications of big data on communications and the way data can be used to increase leadership accountability for communications. As a result, he is currently building out an innovate Centre of Expertise dedicated to communications analytics, and he and his team are also developing a targeted program to raise the capability of its leaders and managers to communicate effectively in efforts to boost employee engagement.
Rodney leads the Internal Communications Leadership Consortium of Atlanta, (ICLC of Atlanta) which brings together internal communications leadership from major brands like UPS, GE, IBM, and Turner Broadcasting to evolve and future-proof the profession by sharing knowledge, developing best practices, stimulating innovation, and building leadership networks. The consortium is piloting a cutting edge, 3-part system to standardize the way internal communications assesses its value and impact business results, which promises to be transformative in nature for the field of internal communications. He has also served as a judge on the IABC’s international blue ribbon panel and UK Board of Directors.
The Morehouse College alum and Phi Beta Kappa member holds Master of Science Degrees in the History and Sociology of Science and Technology from Georgia Tech as well as Technical and Professional Communication from Southern Polytechnic State University and is also a certified Professional of Human Resources and a graduate of the LEAD Atlanta Class of 2010.
Rodney is on a personal mission to transform the field of internal communications from an art to a science through big data approaches and communications analytics and welcomes perspectives from any colleague who wants to join him on the journey.
In his spare time, he enjoys travel and spending time with his partner, Chris, and their dog, Chex.
- Company:Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Job Title:Director, Employee Communications
July 31, 2014, 2:15 pm
Customer-Approved: Leveraging User Experience Principles to Create an Employee-centric HR Portal – COCA COLA ENTERPRISESIntranet and Digital Workplace Summit 2014
- August 6, 2014, 2:30 pm Strategic Employee Engagement & Internal Brand Activation