Claudia L. Bogard is the Senior Strategist and Customer Service Executive for the Federal Aviation Administration’s air navigation service provider, the Air Traffic Organization. She provides executive leadership in establishing and managing innovative programs and strategies to lead and transform the ATO toward continually improving levels of service to internal and external customers and stakeholders. Previously as the ATO Director of Communications, she led communication programs reaching 35,000 employees as well as external messaging to aviation industry partners.
At the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, the financial arm of the Department of Defense, as the first Director of Corporate Communications, she led the integration and strategic execution of media relations, employee communications, customer outreach, internal customer service training, creative products and Web development into a single office.
While at the U.S. General Services Administration, her most interesting accomplishments included serving as the Chief of Staff for both GSA and the Chief Financial Officer; creating the first private-sector style Annual Report; writing policy, Capitol Hill testimony, and a white paper for the White House; modernizing the motor vehicle fleet fuel card program to industry standards; and a stint at the Office of Management and Budget as the first Chief Financial Officers’ Council Fellow.
Grinnell College, B.A. Political Science and American Studies; The American University, Kogod College of Business, M.S. Public Relations (honors).
Professional Certifications: Certified Government Financial Manager, Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma, Third Class Radio Broadcaster’s License
Department of Transportation Secretary’s Superior Leadership Award, Nielsen Norman Top Ten Intranet Site, regional Silver Inkwell Awards
Public Speaking Engagements:
• George Mason University, Fairfax, VA – guest lecturer in Communications courses
• Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, WV – guest lecturer in Communications courses
• Advanced Learning Institute conferences (numerous) on Communications topics [rated in the top 5 speakers]
• International Personnel Managers Association, eastern Regional Annual Training Workshop – Mission Oriented Internal Customer Service
• Defense Financial Management & Comptroller School: Maxwell Air Force Base – DFAS Corporate Overview
• Defense Finance and Accounting Service – Customer Service training at various field sites
- No sessions found