Chairperson’s Address: You’ll See How Communications Functions Are Being Re-Imagined and Redesigned to Eliminate Silos and Put the Focus on Creating Great Content and Great Experiences – AUDACITY
Many corporate leaders, including CCOs, believe there is a hard wall that separates internal communications from external communications. That notion is even reinforced when you look at the function’s org chart and see those areas separated by lines and boxes. But we all know that’s hogwash: great content and engaging stories know no walls. And it’s that work that defines what the communications team does, not the audiences or the channels or even the structure. Given that, it’s time that the communications function’s structure and workflow truly reflect how the team actually gets work done to promote and protect the brand.
During this session, you’ll see how communications functions are being re-imagined and redesigned to eliminate silos and put the focus on creating great content and great experiences, whether internal or external, including:
- Discovering how and why the term “corporate communications” is dead and the opportunity that presents for communications teams
- Seeing how a number of global brands are re-imagining their communications functions and realigning them around the heart of what they are actually there to do: tell great stories
- Learning how to rethink job descriptions, roles, responsibilities, and workflow to both energize the communications team and turbocharge content production
- Seeing how this new approach is working and new ways to measure the team’s success
- Creating strategies for how you can start this conversation back at your workplace and sell this new structure to the c-suite
Comments are closed.