Leadership: 6 Clues It’s Time to Adopt a Strategic Messaging Platform
To be best-in-class we must think about standard operating procedures. That’s one of the commonalities we see with our clients who are taking a lead globally in the communications arena.
The best place to start is to have a common messaging methodology, which allows staff to be more efficient and deliver a better work product. At the same time, leadership knows what to expect and how the process works when we need to create messages to achieve a business outcome.
Here are six clues you might be ready to establish a messaging methodology for your team and organization:
1. Leaders are saying different things about the same topic
2. You’re developing messages on the fly and at the last minute
3. You find yourself reviewing communication tools, and the messages on each are different and potentially conflicting
4. You find your team making frequent (and often last-minute) revisions to content because leaders aren’t aligned
5. Communicators are “making up” messages or developing them in isolation without the input of leaders and subject matter experts
6. Your messages aren’t driving the outcomes you seek
The Benefits of a Strategic Messaging Platform
If any of these clues resonate with you, it’s time to consider a standard approach and philosophy toward messaging.
Our clients who have a standard methodology in place see a 20-30 hour time savings per month thanks to a messaging standard operating procedure, and are seeing better results from their messaging efforts.
[Original post: Leadership: 6 Clues It’s Time to Adopt a Strategic Messaging Platform. Written by David Grossman for YourThoughtPartner.com]
Interested in more information? Attend the 4th Strategic Internal Communications for Health Care conference on May 30 – June 1, 2018.
Comments are closed.