August 08, 2023 - |
Follow & Tweet #ALIComms
Do you want to drive better employee engagement and culture in your organization? Storytelling is the answer…
How Can You Build Compelling Narratives To Engage And Connect Your employees Within Your Organization?
Attend the #1 conference for “Storytelling and Writing for Internal Communications” to learn how to use storytelling to captivate, connect and inspire your workforce. You’ll see many practical examples, step-by-step processes, and innovative new ideas and strategies to help you use storytelling to drive better internal communications and results.
Sarah Smith Banks
Head Of Internal Communications
Director Of Brand Innovation
Sr Mgr, Internal Communications
During This Virtual Event, You’ll Hear From Internal Communications Professionals And Seasoned Storytellers Who Will Show You How To:
- Use storytelling to engage a hybrid workforce by finding compelling stories that unite your organization
- Seek out the stories within your organization
- Develop creative content which is relevant to your employees
- Determine the right channels to share your content with your employees – including through videos and podcasts
- Distinguish between the words you should (and shouldn’t use) to ensure your inclusive language reflects your organizational values
- Draw your audience in from your very first sentence – by finding authentic emotional connections
- Craft a narrative that can capture the core of your values and inspire your employees
- Use your internal communications toolkit to gain employee feedback and input
- Create motivational content that will inspire and encourage your employees
What You Will Learn
Transform your internal communications through the power of storytelling & writing. Captivate your employees through creative communications that inform and engage.
Gain advice from your peers, see strategies that work, and hear solutions to your most pressing challenges, including how to:
- Use the emotional connection that comes through storytelling to build authentic connections within your workforce
- Drive employees to look at and engage with your content
- Remove jargon from your writing to engage all your audiences
- Use stories to leave individuals with something to remember and value
- Incorporate visuals wherever possible to communicate complex information and data
- Bridge the disconnect between leaders and their employees
- Master the use of headlines, leads and quotes
- Identify the best channel to use to share your story
- Encourage employees to tell and share their own stories
- Use “six-word stories” to inspire, engage, and motivate your workforce
- Recruit employees to create content and tell their own stories
- Recycle and reuse content across a variety of channels
- How the pandemic opened new ways of communicating internally
Benefits Of Attending This ALI Virtual Conference
- Access to a tactical presentation with real examples and proven strategies
- Networking list for attendees to continue the conversation after the Virtual Conference
- Interactive, hands-on breakout sessions allowing you to work with your communication peers
- Certificate of attendance for CEU’s
- Opportunity to meet your peers face-to-face while remaining safe
- Recording of the Virtual Conference after the event ends
- A fraction of the cost of an ALI in-person workshop with the same high-quality content
- Content from leading consultants delivered straight to your home/office
- Guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction that you can use immediately
- Opportunity to have your most pressing issues on the topic answered in real-time
This isn’t a passive experience! You will be encouraged to weigh in with poll questions, engage via chat throughout the entire event, and turn your camera on during group breakout sessions.
Leave with a thorough understanding of the competencies covered and how they apply or can be applied in your work context.
Who Should Attend
Directors, managers, vice presidents, specialists, officers, leaders and consultants in:
- Internal Communications
- Employee Engagement
- Brand Communication
- Strategic Communications
- Corporate Communications
- Employee Communications
- Training & Development
- Employee Relations
- Public Relations
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
- Intranet Communications
- Digital Communications
- Global Communications
- Organizational Development
What People are Saying
Learn more about ALI Conferences
Learn more about our services, conferences, trainings, and how you can connect with us.
Day 1 - 08/08/2023
|11:00 am - 11:15 am|
Welcome And Speed Networking
Andrea Greenhous, President & Chief Internal Communications Strategist | Vision2Voice Communications
We’ll kick off the event by giving you the opportunity to network with your peers to discuss challenges and provide solutions to your writing and storytelling efforts within your organization.
|11:15 am - 12:00 pm|
Make Stories Stick: How to Create Memorable Narratives that Inform and Inspire
Debra Capua, Senior Manager, Internal Communications | Genmab
From the earliest cave drawings to ancient Greek theater, to the Tale of Genji, to Robinson Crusoe, to radio soap operas, TV dramas and Netflix, humans are drawn to stories. It's even said that we are genetically hardwired for narratives and there's scientific evidence to prove it.
Learn what narrative structure is most appealing and how you can use it to craft compelling stories across media that employees will remember. Plus, they will be inspired to take action.
|12:00 pm - 12:45 pm|
How to Use The Power of Employee Storytelling to Achieve Your Organization's Cultural Goals
Lauryn Sargent, CoFounder & Partner | STORIES Incorporated
Hear how progressive, best in class and forward looking global employer brands uncover, create and amplify employee stories.
In this interactive workshop, attendees will learn the power of employee stories to create impact across your organization's internal communication efforts. Specifically, attendees will walk away with:
|12:45 pm - 1:00 pm|
Refresh & Recharge Break
|1:00 pm - 1:45 pm|
Viva Engage + Yammer: How to Give Everyone a Voice for Engaging Story Telling
Geoff Ables, Managing Partner | C5 Insight
With the introduction of Viva Engage and recent updates to Yammer, it's easier than ever for Executives, Managers and Front-Line workers to share stories in a familiar and engaging format.
In this workshop session, you'll learn about Yammer Storylines and Stories, how these are made available in Teams with Viva Engage, and a brief set of how-to videos to easily get started using them in your organization. You'll also hear a case study on adopting Storylines to improve employee engagement and leadership communication.
|1:45 pm - 2:00 pm|
Final Comments and Close
Senior Manager of Communications | CSC Generation
Communications & Culture Lead – Clif Bar Integration | Mondelēz International
What People are Saying
ALI works with the best, so you can learn from the best. Our sponsors are industry leaders that are leading the way in communications.
There are a variety of sponsorship packages available and we are open to discussing a customized package that meets your needs.
Interested in becoming a Sponsor?
Introduce your brand, product, or services to key decision makers