Storytelling and Writing Best Practices for Internal Communicators
Re-Strategize Your Storytelling & Writing In 2021 To Drive Employee Engagement, Involvement, And Collaboration Across Your Organization.
What You Told Us
ALI Conferences ran a survey asking internal communicators what area of storytelling they would like more training on. The results are the following to be covered during this virtual event:
- Best storytelling format – 48%
- Avoiding storytelling overload – 23%
- Communicating sincerely – 18%
- Multi-brand synchronization – 11%
Aside from these aspects, what else makes a great storyteller? A few commonalities are:
- Simplicity. The best stories are easy and simple to remember. If your audience has to spend precious time interpreting everything, their attention can be easily lost.
- Emotionality. Some of the most inspirational and impactful stories offer an emotion to really connect with the audience.
- Honesty. An honest story has a bigger impact than a story of fiction. If the storyteller believes what they are saying, it shows!
What You Will Learn
Transform your internal communications through the power of storytelling & writing. Captivate your employees through creative communications that inform and engage.
Gain advice from your peers, see strategies that work, and hear solutions to your most pressing challenges, including how to:
- Use the emotional connection that comes through storytelling to build authentic connections within your workforce
- Drive employees to look at and engage with your content
- Remove jargon from your writing to engage all your audiences
- Use stories to leave individuals with something to remember and value
- Incorporate visuals wherever possible to communicate complex information and data
- Master the use of headlines, leads and quotes
- Identify the best channel to use to share your story
- Encourage employees to tell and share their own stories
- Use “six-word stories” to inspire, engage, and motivate your workforce
- Recruit employees to create content and tell their own stories
- Recycle and reuse content across a variety of channels
- and more!
Benefits Of Attending This ALI Virtual Conference
- Access to a tactical presentation with real examples and proven strategies
- Networking list for attendees to continue the conversation after the Virtual Conference
- Interactive, hands-on breakout sessions allowing you to work with your communication peers
- Certificate of attendance for CEU’s
- Opportunity to meet your peers face-to-face while remaining safe
- Recording of the Virtual Conference after the event ends
- A fraction of the cost of an ALI in-person workshop with the same high-quality content
- Content from leading consultants delivered straight to your home/office
- Guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction that you can use immediately
- Opportunity to have your most pressing issues on the topic answered in real-time
- This isn’t a passive experience! You will be encouraged to weigh in with poll questions, engage via chat throughout the entire event, and turn your camera on during group breakout sessions.
- Leave with a thorough understanding of the competencies covered and how they apply or can be applied in your work context.
Who Should Attend
This Virtual Conference has been researched and designed for Directors, Managers, Vice Presidents, Specialists, Officers, Leaders and Consultants involved in:
- Internal Communications
- Employee Engagement
- Brand Communication
- Strategic Communications
- SharePoint and Microsoft Teams Project Leaders
- Employee Communications
- Intranet Communications
- Digital Communications
- Global Communications
- Organizational Development
- Power Users and Administrators
- Training & Development
- Field Operations
- Employee Relations
- Public Relations
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
Comments are closed.